A security scare reportedly caused King Charles and Queen Camilla to withdraw from a royal outing.
After being cleared of the threat, Charles and Camilla resumed their schedule.
During their royal visit to Jersey, King Charles and Queen Camilla allegedly experienced a fright.
According to a report from the Telegraph, the two royal family members were in Jersey on Monday for a two-day trip to the Channel Islands when they were abruptly evacuated from an event.
According to the outlet, Charles and Camilla were taken to a nearby hotel and waited for the all-clear before resuming their schedule during the engagement.
Eamon Fenlon, a man, spoke to The Telegraph about serving Camilla ice cream. However, by the time he returned with some for himself, she had already been taken away.
He said that he didn't know if it was officially a drone, as some other people had told him it was.
The Telegraph reported that the rumor about the drone at the event was unfounded, despite other attendees repeating it.
Camilla was seen being guided away from an ice cream van by several people while eating a frozen treat in a video shared by Matt Wilkinson, royal editor for The Sun, on X, formerly Twitter.
Charles was approached by security and a guard grabbed Matt Taylor, telling him that Charles had to leave immediately. Matt said that the guard was stern, but Charles didn't seem panicked.
Charles and Camilla were able to resume their original plans after security deemed the issue a "false alarm," according to Reuters.
Buckingham Palace did not respond to Planet Chronicle Digital's request for comment.
On Sunday, a private letter from Charles was delivered to Donald Trump by the United Kingdom's embassy in Washington. Buckingham Palace refused to disclose the contents of the letter.
On Saturday evening, a bullet grazed the former president as he spoke at a rally before the fall presidential election.
The former president was not seriously injured despite appearing to have blood on his face in photos, as an expert told Planet Chronicle Digital that if he hadn't turned his head at the right time, the bullet could have been fatal.
At the rally, Thomas Matthew Crooks, a 20-year-old gunman, was killed on the scene. Corey Comperatore, a spectator, was also killed, and two more people were injured but are currently in stable condition.
entertainment
You might also like
- Sting postpones several concerts due to illness hindering his ability to perform.
- Aspen ski accident leads to the death of reality star Lynn Ban, 52, just weeks after emergency brain surgery.
- Brittany Aldean believes there's hope now that Trump is back in office.
- Justin Baldoni releases unedited 'It Ends With Us' footage, prompting Blake Lively to demand a gag order.
- Prince Harry's Invictus Games criticized for replacing traditional weapons with laser guns.